Artist - Osbert Lancaster
Osbert Lancaster, born 1908 in London, died 1986. Designed posters for London Transport 1936-1938
- Educated; Charterhouse School;
- Educated; Lincoln College, Oxford; 1926-1930
- Educated; Byam School of Drawing and Painting; 1926-1926
- Educated; Ruskin School of Drawing in Oxford ; 1929-1930
- Educated; The Slade School of Fine Art. ; 1931-1932
Osbert Lancaster, the son of a publisher, was a prolific artist, illustrator and designer. He worked for the Architectural Review from 1934 until 1939, when he became a cartoonist for the Daily express. As well as illustrations and cartoons for books and magazines, he designed posters and stage sets for the opera and ballet. He also wrote a number of publications on the subject of architecture and design.