Chancery Lane Underground station, Central line. Exterior view of the station building designed by Harry Bell Measures for the original section of the Central London Railway, opening 30 July 1900. The glazed entrance canopy reads 'Tube Station'. An adjacent window displays the station name and the original company name 'Central London Railway'. Underground poster frames flank the entrances. Offices have been built above the station building, occupied by The London Novelty Co., Edwards and Co. Chartered Patent Agents and Engineers, TE Emberr LadiesTailor, and AE Blay Tailor.
Unknown photographer, Jun-Jul 1914
Location: Chancery lane, WC1V
Image no: Unknown
Inventory no: 1998/66848