View of bridge over river Brent at Perivale.
Photographed by Kodak, 1900-1910
Location: Perivale, Ealing
Inventory no: 2004/20366
20th Century London caption: This scene shows Edwardians along the river Brent at Perivale. Perivale remained a sparsely populated rural enclave in London until the 1930s. There was a population of only 60 in 1901. A station was built at Perivale in 1904, a halt on the Great Western Railway. It was temporarily closed during the latter years of the First World War but opened again in 1920. It became part of the Central line in 1948. Greenford Road was built in 1924 and the Western Road in 1929-30. Soon factories such as Sanderson Wallpapers and the famous Hoover factory were built, typically in the Art Deco style.