Three-quarter side view of Piccadilly line motor car no 148, a Hungarian-built 1906/7 gate-tube stock car, later converted for operation on the Aldwych branch. The hand-operated doors were controlled by the guard by means of a capstan and rope. The car was withdrawn in 1930 and is seen here at Acton Works, probably after being taken out of service.
Photographed by Topical Press, 8 Sep 1930
Location: Acton Works, Ealing, W3
Image no: U7207
Inventory no: 1998/80702