Image documenting reconstruction work at Ealing Common Underground station, District line. The station was redesigned by Charles Holden and the track bed widened to accommodate four-track running, in preparation for the extension of the Piccadilly line in 1932. This oblique view looks down to platform level where the original brick buildings have been swept away. A raft of metal girders crosses the platforms and tracks in the midground. A number of workmen can be seen, as well as a cement mixer (midground left). A temporary station building and covered footbridge are visible in the background. One of a series, see also U7120 - U7125.
Photographed by Topical Press, 20 Aug 1930
Location: Ealing Common, Ealing W5
Image no: U7120
Inventory no: 1998/79136