Side view of District Railway steam locomotive; one of the first batch of 24 engines standing at Earl's Court. The engine was built in 1871 by Messrs Beyer, Peacock & Co. It still has the maker's original chimney and dome, but has been fitted with a combined brake-pump and exhaust pipe. The driver is T Wood, who came from the GWR. Note the permanent way.
Unknown photographer, 1875 - 1879
Image no: Ukn
Inventory no: 1998/57262