Surrey Docks Underground station Metropolitan line (now East london Line). Exterior view of the Lower Road entrance. The station opened as Deptford Road on 7 Dec 1869 by the East London Railway, and was renamed Surrey Docks 17 July 1911. The surface building of the station was rebuilt 1979-82 and renamed Surray Quays, 24 Oct 1989.
Photographed by Topical Press, 18 Jan 1934
Location: Rotherhithe, Newham SE16
Image no: U13726
Inventory no: 1998/55343