Three quarter front offside view of an RMC-type Green Line coach, registration number:476CLT. Destination blind reads: 718, Harlow bus station. Two members of staff in uniform stand next to the coach. (RMC 1476)
Unknown photographer, 1960 - 1970
Image no: 112-3-1
Inventory no: 2003/3994
20th Century London caption: Green Line services were very popular. By 1960 they were carrying 36 million passengers a year. London Transport had run much of the service using single-decker coaches. In 1962 it introduced double-deckers to maximise profits on some of the busier routes. The coach in this picture is one of the first batch of R.M.C.-type double-deckers to be used. It is pictured at Harlow bus garage in Essex. Driver Floodgate and conductor Akehurst, on the right, are posed in front of the coach. The garage complex, completed in 1963, is typically 1960s in architecture and style.