Chelsea: Lindsey Row, c1865. Riverside view of terraces, named after Lindsey House. The mansion was split into several houses and was at the eastern end of the row. The mansion was built by the Earl of Lindsey about 1675. From 1751 until 1770 Lindsey House was occupied by the Chelsea settlement of the Moravians. Lindsey Row formed the western end of Cheyne Walk.
Unknown photographer, circa 1865
Location: Lindsey Row, Cheyne Walk, Chelsea, Kensington & Chelsea, SW10
Image no: Ukn
Inventory no: 1999/1574