A photograph depicting the changeover from steam to electric operation on the District Railway. On the left is original DR electric 1903/04-stock unit no 3, whilst on the parallel track, seen in three-quarter rear view, is steam locomotive no 16, introduced in 1871, with one of the footplatemen staring at the camera. The station in the background is believed to be South Ealing.
Unknown photographer, circa 1903-1905
Location: South Ealing Road Ealing W5
Image no: Ukn
Inventory no: 1998/87445