Plaistow Underground station, District line. Exterior view of the brick building station with arched windows and doorways, which was reconstructed in 1905. Roof edging and eaves are decorative. A tobacconist shop is inset into the centre front of the facade with doorways either side. Few pedestrians in front of station. Stairs descend to platforms to the left of station. Posters and adverts are displayed on the station walls. Tram lines in road in foreground and glimpse of tram wires overhead.
Photographed by Topical Press, Mar 1933
Location: Plaistow, Newham E13
Image no: U12053
Inventory no: 1998/81955