Two MET Daimler motor buses, in the Grote Markt in Sint-Niklaas, Flanders. The buses transport wounded allied soldiers, during the early months of the First World War. The first bus bears the fleet no. D74, and is in use by the 9th Battalion of an unknown regiment; note that the second bus still has a 'To Cricklewood' destination board. Behind the buses are two armoured cars, which are partly obscured by crowds of observing pedestrians. Three storey town houses stand in background, across a wide cobbled square.
Photographed by Newspaper Illustrations, circa 1914
Location: Sint-Niklaas, Flanders, Belgium
Image no: Ukn
Inventory no: 1998/87642