Blackfriars Underground station, District line (now District & Circle lines). Exterior view featuring the original main station building which was four storeys high, flanked by two ornate towers either side. The building has many decorative aspects including railings, these are of an islamic type of design. Various posters are displayed on the first storey of the front of the building.
Unknown photographer, 1876
Location: Blackfriars, Queen Victoria Street, City of London EC4
Image no: D58
Inventory no: 1998/72332