One of two Aveling and Porter geared chain driven steam locomotives used on the Wotton Tramway (later know as the Oxford and Aylesbury Tramroad) between Brill and Quainton Road. The Tramroad was more usually known as the Brill branch and was operated by the Metropolitan Railway from December 1899 until it closed in November 1935. It was the most distant section of the Underground, Brill being 51 miles from Baker Street.
Unknown photographer, circa 1880
Location: Wooton Tramway (Brill Branch), Buckinghamshire
Image no: U56885
Inventory no: 1998/61289