View of the platform at Enfield West (now Oakwood) Underground station on the Southgate extension of the Piccadilly line. The station was designed by Charles Holden and C H James in 1933. Concrete shelters for the platforms are supported by concrete pillars, and wooden bench seating has been incorporated into the pillars supporting the shelter. Screens shelter the ends of the benches and a poster has been incorporated on the side of the nearest one. The lighting and a clock are attached to the ceiling of the shelters. Some rolling stock is just leaving the station to the right of the image and so it appears blurred.
Photographed by Topical Press, Apr 1933
Location: Oakwood Underground station, Bramley Road, Oakwood, Enfield, N14
Image no: U12176
Inventory no: 1998/81963